[Samba] Correct NTP Settings for Samba 4.0.6?

Thomas Simmons twsnnva at gmail.com
Sat Jul 27 11:26:57 MDT 2013

Running "w32tm /config /update /syncfromflags:DOMHIER && net stop w32time
&& net start w32time" should make the client query the directory for it's
time server. You can verify the configuration with "w32tm /query
/configuration" and look for the "Type" to be NT5DS. This means it's using
AD. You can also run w32tm /monitor and the Windows time service will go
through the processes of querying the directory to find a time server, then
verify it's accessible. If that works, all is working. I found w32tm
/monitor will fail if you have your domain functional level at 2008 or
2008_R2. I don't know if this is a bug in Samba as I haven't had time to
test against a real 2008+ server. Just know it's to be expected.