[Samba] AD DC and the Guest account

info at bugblatterbeast.de info at bugblatterbeast.de
Thu Jul 25 09:07:10 MDT 2013

I'm using samba4.0.1 and it works very well in general. Unfortunately
I'm missing something like "map to guest = bad user" and I can't get
the Guest account to work. Is there any way to set up some public
shares on an AD DC ?

[global]
         workgroup = DOMAIN
         realm = DOMAIN.LOCAL
         netbios name = HOST
         server services = s3fs, rpc, nbt, wrepl, ldap, cldap, kdc,
drepl, winbind, ntp_signd, kcc, dnsupdate

         logon path = \\%L\profiles\%U
         logon home = \\%L\%U\.9xprofile
         logon drive = U:

         printcap name = /dev/null
         load printers = no
         printing = bsd

         interfaces = eth0
         guest ok = yes
         security = user
         map to guest = bad user

At the moment I can't even access \\HOST.DOMAIN.LOCAL without credentials.