[Samba] Shared [home] shows up as printer

Davis, Lynch jldavis at verisign.com
Thu Jul 25 07:08:49 MDT 2013

I just installed Fedora 19 and I'm trying to get everything back up and running.
I have managed to get samba up and running through some brute force measures of disabling(for now) the firewalld.

That being said, my shares for a data folder are working fine, but when I try to pull up my home directory for my user, my client says that the link is to a printer.  I have the same results with Windows 7 and smbclient on Linux.

The home partition was working fine on Fedora 18 – I preserved my /home when I did the recent install.  Is there something with SELinux that tells samba about the type of file it is looking at?  The homes directory config is the default from the smb.conf.

Thanks,
Lynch
“This message (including any attachments) is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed, and may contain information that is non-public, proprietary, privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law or may be constituted as attorney work product. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, notify sender immediately and delete this message immediately.”