[Samba] Samba4 PDC to Samba4 DC works great, Win2003 PDC to Samba4 DC not so great

Garth Keesler garthk at gdcjk.com
Fri Jul 19 06:43:39 MDT 2013

I've posted before about this but I'll add more info.

I've set up two Samba DCs in a domain, using both 4.0.7 and 4.1RC1, and
all works great including Forest and Domain DNS repl in both directions.
When I add a Samba 4.0.7 or 4.1RC1 DC to an existing Win2003 PDC with
Forest level of 2003, Forest and Domain DNS repl is only from PDC to DC,
never in the other direction. I've followed just about every thread on
this topic but never with any success. This has to work in order to
demote the WinPDC and use Samba as the only DCs in the domain.

Has anyone successfully done this? Should this work? If not, is there
another way to do this? I've even looked at LDIFDE as a possibility but
I don't think that'll do it.

Any help/advice greatly appreciated.

Thanx,
Garth