[Samba] Building with debug symbols and different optimisation levels

Edward Robbins edd.robbins at googlemail.com
Thu Jul 18 02:51:04 MDT 2013

Hello,
I would like to build samba at different optimisation levels with debug
symbols, in order to test a static analysis tool I have developed. I have
found the configure option "--enable-developer", which I presume enables
debug symbols and sets optimisation to O0, however I would also like to be
able to enable debug symbols and set the optimisation level to O2.

I cannot find a way to do this in the build system (however, I am
unfamiliar with waf). Is there a (even hacky) way to do this?

Thanks,
Ed