[Samba] Restore samba4 backup

Marc Muehlfeld samba at marc-muehlfeld.de
Tue Jul 16 13:42:07 MDT 2013

Hello,

Am 16.07.2013 21:31, schrieb TI:
> /usr/local/samba/lib/private/libntvfs.so: version `SAMBA_4.0.7'
 > not found (required by /usr/local/samba/sbin/samba)
>
> Ok, my bad. I have compiled the version 4.0.7 for the
 > new server and the crashed one was probably 4.0.1.

This was what I ment with "Never do a restore and a version change at
once!" I was puting in bold in the wiki when I wrote this HowTo ;-)

I suggest you start over, but with 4.0.1 and restore again. If
everything works like expected, upgrade to 4.0.7 (but read all the
different release notes from the later version. Some early 4.0 version
release notes said to run samba-tool dbcheck... and samba-tool ntacl ...).

> Is it ./lib/private directory from backup so important to restore
 > process ? Should I run something to restore the admins power ?

You can remove this from the backup. The backup script is very basic and
includes a bit more than necessary. That's another reason, why restore
with release change at once isn't a good idea.

Can you retry with 4.0.1 and say if your Admin accounts are working as
expected then (without upgrading to 4.0.7)?

Regards
Marc