[Samba] New ADC configuration

Marc Muehlfeld samba at marc-muehlfeld.de
Tue Jul 16 12:27:01 MDT 2013

Hello,

Am 16.07.2013 19:16, schrieb Matthew Daubenspeck:
> On Tue, Jul 16, 2013 at 05:22:14PM +0100, Rowland Penny wrote:
>>     Yes, you can use ADUC but you need to have provisioned samba4 with
>>     --use-rfc2307
>>     You can also add the uidNumber & gidNumber with an ldif and ldapmodify
>>     or ldbmodify. Have a look here:
>>     [1]http://linuxcostablanca.blogspot.com.es/2012/02/samba-4-posix-domain
>>     -user.html
>>     Without the uidNumber & gidNumber, using the ad backend, Winbind will
>>     not display any users, with uidNumber & gidNumber, Winbind will only
>>     display the users & groups that have them.
>>     If you do not want to enter the uidNumber etc, have a look at sssd,
>>     this will do all that Winbind does without all the hassle.
>>     Rowland
>
> That must be the problem. The wiki had no mention of provisioning with
> --use-rfc2307. I'll redo that and try again.

You don't need to reprovision. There was a thread some time ago, that
could maybe answer some questions:
https://lists.samba.org/archive/samba-technical/2012-September/086971.html

I'll try to place some hints about --use-rfc2307 and idmap_ldb:use
rfc2307 = Yes in the wiki HowTos for giving the users some more
information about that topic.

Regards,
Marc