[Samba] New ADC configuration

Marc Muehlfeld samba at marc-muehlfeld.de
Tue Jul 16 10:13:23 MDT 2013

Am 16.07.2013 18:04, schrieb Matthew Daubenspeck:
> On Tue, Jul 16, 2013 at 04:42:48PM +0100, Rowland Penny wrote:
>>     Hi, Have you given your users & groups a uidNumber and/or gidNumber on
>>     the server?
>>     Rowland
>
> Is that something that has to be done with ADUC? I have added all the
> test users with samba-tool.

Yes. If you use Idmap backend AD, then the xID is taken from Active
Directory. And if you haven't assigned, then the members with that
backend can't get it.

This is the tab in ADUC, for assigning unix stuff to and account:

http://blogs.technet.com/cfs-filesystemfile.ashx/__key/communityserver-components-imagefileviewer/communityserver-blogs-components-weblogfiles-00-00-00-77-02/6560.shell1.jpg_2D00_550x0.jpg

The UID is incremented automatically. So you don't have to track this by
yourself.

Regards,
Marc