[Samba] Samba4 - File Share

Philippe.Simonet at swisscom.com Philippe.Simonet at swisscom.com
Mon Jul 15 03:56:01 MDT 2013

Hi Natalia

i have the same problem with samba4 (assign share rights to groups, e.g. read list = @RG).
I don't know if it is binded, but <getent group> don't give me the
group membership (as samba 3.6 did). i need that to make some 'SIMPLES' share
(with force-user / force group) without dealing with file / directory ownership.
I hope it's just a bug and  will stay supported in samba4 ...

regards

Philippe