[Samba] [PLEASE TEST] Samba AD DC winbind hangs and timeouts

Philippe.Simonet at swisscom.com Philippe.Simonet at swisscom.com
Mon Jul 15 03:47:52 MDT 2013

Hi Andrew (sorry for the delay,: holidays)

I tested that now with
    Version 4.2.0pre1-GIT-940395d

wbinfo --uid-info 3000000 returns, as waited, WBC_ERR_DOMAIN_NOT_FOUND,
and there are no delays anymore, no crash, all seems to be ok now.
MANY thanks !!

but I made some 'getent'  tests, and found :

>samba-tool user add u2
>samba-tool group add g2
>samba-tool group addmembers g2 u2

# is ok :
>samba-tool group listmembers g2
u2

# is ok
uid=3000026(TEST\u2) gid=100(users) groups=100(users),3000027(TEST\g2)

# is NOT ok : does not return group membership
>getent group g2
TEST\g2:*:3000027:

is that normal with samba4 ?

thanks and regards