[Samba] Samba limitation to concurrent open files

Luuk luuk34 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 12 05:05:24 MDT 2013

On 12-07-2013 12:55, Santosh Patnaik wrote:
> Can Samba handle in the range of 1million to 3 millions concurrently open
> files? If so, then from which Samba version onwards?
> Does it have any benchmarking results on maximum number of open files that
> Samba can have concurrently?
>
> Any reply to this question is highly appreciated.
>
> Thanks in Advance
> Santosh

http://www.samba.org/samba/docs/using_samba/ch11.html
says:
max open files
numeric
Limits number of open files to be below Unix limits.
10000
Global

If the default value is 10000 and you want it to be 100-300 times bigger?

I see nothing mentioned in de docs about bigger values, just that is
need to be below 'unix limits'.... ;)