[Samba] Sync - sysvol and getfacl

steve steve at steve-ss.com
Wed Jul 10 01:22:40 MDT 2013

On Wed, 2013-07-10 at 08:30 +0200, Sandbox wrote:

> My PDC's and BDC's user and group ID's are totaly different.
>
> Is it possible to set my PDC/BDC ID's equal, because as I see BDC couldn't
> do his job while this isn't solved.

Hi
You can have the same id's everywhere by putting uidNumber and gidNumber
attributes in the directory in the DN of the user or group and then
recovering them using nss with winbind, nslcd or sssd. But make sure
that if you use winbind you actually configure it to pull the values
from AD and not any external database.

If you already have groups and users, only add the new attributes to one
of the DC's. Disable the other DC while you do this. Take the id's from
whatever the xidNumber is on the DC you choose.
hth
Steve