[Samba] Import samba3 passwords to samba4

Marc Muehlfeld samba at marc-muehlfeld.de
Mon Jul 8 11:02:58 MDT 2013

Hello Michael,

Am 08.07.2013 16:37, schrieb Michael Fey Schottener Soziale Dienste:
> we want to import Samba3 (tdb) passwords to a new Samba4 domain (no classicupgrade).
> Is it possible to export the password(-hashes) from samba3 and import them in samba4, maybe with ldbmodify?

The first question is, why you don't want to do the classicupgrade path?
Do you want to use 4 as an NT4-style DC as your samba 3 before? Then you
can simply upgrade as you did within the version 3 tree, already. Or is
there an other reason? Maybe you don't need to do the export/import
stuff then.

But if you want to export/import, have a look at pdbedit for printing
the hashes, exporting/importing:
http://www.samba.org/samba/docs/man/Samba-HOWTO-Collection/passdb.html#pdbeditthing
+ man pdbedit

Regards