[Samba] Trusted Domains List

Paul Pugliese paulp at pintys.com
Thu Jul 4 09:51:45 MDT 2013

Hello,

I am running Samba on Redhat 5.

Attempting to configure a two way trust relationship with a Windows 2008
Domain.

I have configured and tested the trust from Samba going to AD, but am
running into problems setting up AD as the trusted domain on the Samba
server.

When I run the following command on the linux box I receive the following
error.

[root at happiness2 Period Reports]# net rpc trustdom establish pintys
Enter PINTYS.COM$'s password:
Could not connect to server GATES
[2013/07/04 11:48:45,  0] utils/net_rpc.c:rpc_trustdom_establish(5665)
  Storing password for trusted domain failed.

I apologize in advance if I should be including more information. First
time posting, and not much Linux experience.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!