[Samba] Migration from 3.5.6-27 to 3.6.16-31

Bruno Pereira bpereira at ipbrick.com
Wed Jul 3 08:07:36 MDT 2013

Hello,
I have a debian etch with (samba  3.5.6-27,) shares and windows 7 in the
domain. This works ok.
Since i installed the new version 3.6.16-31 I can not login with  domain
users in my windows client and the shares are inaccessible.

I solved the problem with the login,  removing the following line in my
smb.conf:
*ldapsam:trusted = yes*
but why this line works with the version 3.5.6-27 and not works with the
3.6.16-31?

Anyone can help me with this?
Thanks

*My sernet packages:*

dpkg -l | grep sernet
ii  sernet-cifs-mount
3.5.6-27                             mount helper for the cifs vfs
(mostly for ke
ii  sernet-ldb-tools
3.5.6-27                             SerNet Samba ldb tools
ii  sernet-libpam-smbpass
3.6.16-31                            pluggable authentication module for
SMB pass
ii  sernet-libsmbclient0
3.6.16-31                            shared library that allows
applications to t
ii  sernet-libwbclient0
3.6.16-31                            client library for interfacing with
winbind
ii  sernet-samba
3.6.16-31                            a LanManager-like file and printer
server fo
ii  sernet-samba-common
3.6.16-31                            Samba common files used by both the
server a
ii  sernet-smbclient
3.6.16-31                            a LanManager-like simple client for
Unix
ii  sernet-winbind
3.6.16-31                            service to resolve user and group
informatio

*My smb.conf:*

...workgroup = BPEREIRA114
  netbios name = Test
  server string = %h-PDC

  interfaces = lo, eth0
  bind interfaces only = yes

  passdb backend = ldapsam:ldap://127.0.0.1/

  encrypt passwords = yes
  unix password sync = yes

;;  log file = /var/log/samba/%m.log
  log level = 0
  max log size = 10
  syslog = 4
  syslog only = yes

  ;enable privileges = yes

;;  socket options = TCP_NODELAY SO_RCVBUF=8192 SO_SNDBUF=8192

  domain logons = yes
  os level = 80
  preferred master = yes
  domain master = yes
  ldap machine suffix = ou=Computers
  ldap group suffix = ou=Groups
  ldap ssl = no
  ldap passwd sync = yes

*ldapsam:trusted = yes*

  load printers = yes
  printing = bsd

  dos charset = 850
  unix charset = iso8859-15

  logon path =
  logon home =
  logon drive =

  include = /etc/samba/smb-print.conf
[share1]
  vfs object = recycle:recycle
  recycle:exclude = *.tmp *.temp *.o *.obj ~$*
  recycle:keeptree = True
  recycle:touch = True
  recycle:versions = True
  recycle:noversions = .doc|.xls|.ppt