[Samba] Strange nslcd error with ldap database

Bethel, Zach zach_bethel at taylor.edu
Thu Jan 31 14:48:02 MST 2013

Greetings,

I've got a S4 DC joined to a Windows 2008 R2 DC. I'm using the s4bind scripts to add uidNumber/gidNumber/etc entries to LDAP, and I've got nss-pam-ldap installed on the S4 server. I had this working back in December, but since installing the latest stable build, getent passwd is throwing this error,

[8b4567] <passwd="myuser"> passwd entry CN=myuser,CN=Users,DC=...,DC=...,DC=... does not contain uidNumber value

Interestingly, after creating a user on the linux side, if I point nslcd at the Windows DC, it retrieves the ldap entry just fine. I get nothing from the S4 server. I've done ldbsearch on the local ldap database and uidNumber is definitely there. I'm not sure if there's really something else going on, but I'm at a loss of what to do.

I don't think it's a Kerberos issue, because it authenticates fine. It's not my local nslcd client, because I can connect to the Windows DC (via getent passwd) which has the same replicated database and it displays the user data.

Has anyone experienced this?
Thanks

The information in this communication is intended solely for the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. It may contain confidential or legally privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited, and may be unlawful. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by responding to the sender of this email, and then delete it from your system. Taylor University is not liable for the inaccurate or improper transmission of the information contained in this communication or for any delay in its receipt.