[Samba] Strange corruption problem of Win7

Nishant Sharma nishant at unmukti.in
Wed Jan 30 23:45:30 MST 2013

Hello,

I am running Samba 4.0.1 as AD DC. I have configured GPOs for
redirecting folders (Application Data, Documents etc.).

Yesterday, there was a strange problem. The network switch suddenly went
kaput and all machines lost connection to the DC. Users logged off and
when they are trying to start machine today, Windows 7 can not start.

Few of the machines had restore points for day before yesterday and they
could be restored. All others are in the need of re-installation.

Has anyone faced such kind of problem earlier? Could it be related to
redirecting the AppData(Roaming) folder?

Let me know if more information is required.

Thanks & regards,
Nishant