[Samba] Samba4 DFS Support

Martin, Brian D. (JSC-OD)[UNITED SPACE ALLIANCE LLC] brian.d.martin at nasa.gov
Thu Jan 31 16:12:14 MST 2013

What's the status of DFS support in Samba4? Using Win7 and smbclient and Linux I'm getting generic error messages related to not being able to access the DFS.  This similar config is working in Samba v. 3.5.6.  I spent some time Googling and didn't find much.  I did find one page that suggested Samba4 DFS support may be limited only to the sysvol and netlogon shares at this time.   I'm using Samba v. 4.0.1 compiled from source.  I'm on Debian v. 6.0.6 64 bit.  Thanks for the help!

-Brian Martin

/etc/samba/smb.conf
# Global parameters
[global]
       workgroup = XYZ
       realm = XYZ.EXAMPLE.COM
       netbios name = SRV1
       server services = s3fs, rpc, nbt, wrepl, ldap, cldap, kdc, drepl, winbind, ntp_signd, kcc, dnsupdate
       host msdfs = Yes

[netlogon]
       path = /var/lib/samba/sysvol/srv1.xyz.example.com/scripts
       read only = No

[sysvol]
       path = /var/lib/samba/sysvol
       read only = No