[Samba] Solaris 11 can't join Active Directory Domain

Jake Carroll jake.carroll at uq.edu.au
Wed Jan 30 14:54:40 MST 2013

Hi.

I can probably help there, because I have been through similar problems.

1. Remember that smbadm has nothing to do with samba at all. It's
primarily concerned with Solaris 11's CIFS service (in kernel
windows-appropriate file serving from Oracle).

2. I am pretty sure you'll find your /etc/krb5/krb5.conf needs to be solid
and in place before smbadm works. That was the case for me.

3. I needed to create the object in my active directory forest first,
before anything worked.

That's what got it working for me.

You probably won't get any help from this list from this kind of thing, as
it's very much a Samba focused list. Samba != oracle's CIFS.

Hope me spotting this helped you, though.

--JC