[Samba] Fw: Re: Creating users via Perl Net::LDAP

Michael Ray mray at xes-inc.com
Mon Jan 28 16:37:23 MST 2013

Pablo-

>From the linux side, using samba-tool:
samba-tool user enable <username> : this enables a specific user
samba-tool user setpassword <username> : allows you to set a new password for a user

>From the MS side, using AD tools:
(in Computers and Users) Right click on user and click 'enable' to allow this account to login -- if it has a little down arrow on the icon, that means it is disabled, otherwise enabled.
(in Computers and Users) Right click on user and click 'reset password' to set the password.

I've noticed when creating users by uploading in LDAP data / using windows tools, they are disabled by default. From the linux side, they seem to be enabled by default. I was having trouble with the userPassword attribute working when transferred from a different LDAP server, so I would set one manually.

Let me if you have any luck,
-Mike Ray