[Samba] Roaming Profiles Issues

Zane Zakraisek doublezane at gmail.com
Sat Jan 26 18:25:08 MST 2013

I have a mixed enviornment of Windows 7 and Windows 8 PCs. I've noticed
that Windows 7 handles profiles prefect. Windows 8 on the other hand is
giving me some issues. I have tried this out in two testing enviornments,
and I'm getting the same results.

 When I log into a Windows 8 computer from an account with no profile
created yet, it goes about creating a profile.  When I log out, it gives me
a sync error. The Winodows log has given me no feedback. it just mentions
the error. If I then log into a Windows 7 machine with the same account, it
gives me an error and creates a temporary profile.

If I did it the other way around and created the profile on Windows 7
machine first, it works absolutley perfect. When I log into the Windows 8
Machine, it *WILL* load the profile from the server, but it will not sync
the changes back up.

Whats the issue with Windows 8 and roaming profiles?

Thanks