[Samba] Samba4 Winbind - is it really not possible to be sensible?

Rob McCorkell xenopathic at gmail.com
Sat Jan 26 13:49:43 MST 2013

Thanks for the explanation - I wasn't thinking too much about multiple
domains, and I guess it would be an issue. A potential solution would be
to have offsets for each domain, specified in smb.conf? If I didn't have
too much on my plate already I would have a look at the mapping code and
attempt to write a solution myself.

The 'solution' with the UID discrepancy between nslcd and Samba was to
feed back the nslcd UID back into Samba, then tell Samba to use those
UIDs instead. Oh, and while I am here I might as well bring a particular
bug to your attention - when Samba is set to use rfc2307, but no
uidNumber attribute exists for an object, the UID number gets allocated.
But once a uidNumber attribute is set, and the allocation has already
taken place, the allocated UID is used instead. I can't imagine that
this is the desired behaviour with rfc2307.

Thanks,
Rob