[Samba] domain provision error

Gregory Sloop gregs at sloop.net
Thu Jan 24 18:40:56 MST 2013

GK>> it's not only your file system supporting ACL's - also some
GK>> devel packages must be around during the build.
GK>> See https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba_4/OS_Requirements

GS> Thanks, but I do have all the ACL packages etc, described in the reqs.

GS> [I followed, exactly, the Deb/Ubuntu instructions.]

One more follow-up to this.

I see there were some other file-system reqs [I initially didn't think
that section applied to Ubuntu.]

However, I went back and edited fstab as required, and did the ACL
tests. All appears good.

So I re-ran the "domain provision" again. Same failure.
So, as far as I can tell, it's not an actual ACL problem.