[Samba] [Samba 4] Issues with uidNumber and gidNumber in AD for Linux clients

Fred F frederik.vogelsang at gmail.com
Wed Jan 23 10:29:24 MST 2013

2013/1/22 Gémes Géza <geza at kzsdabas.hu>:
> I don't agree, because users can be members of multiple groups, not just the
> group identified as their primary group
Well, yes. That is not the point. Users can still be members of
multiple groups (e.g. CN=Domain Admins,CN=Users,CN=DOMAIN), through
the "member" attributes of the AD/LDAP nodes, but the actual issue
here is that plain users do not show up in (CN=Domain
Users,CN=Users,CN=DOMAIN), because "Domain Users" is set as the
primary group directly. Additionally added groups show up on the Linux
side as well, just not the primary group (with my approach).

Any other thoughts? Isn't this scenario one of the most common usage
scenarios ever? Serving both Windows and Linux? How come so little
information is available about Samba4 with Linux clients?

Regards,
 Frederik