[Samba] How to debug SID problems

Knut Olav Bøhmer bohmer at gmail.com
Wed Jan 23 03:37:16 MST 2013

2013/1/21 TAKAHASHI Motonobu <monyo at monyo.com>:
> From: Knut Olav Bøhmer <bohmer at gmail.com>
> Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2013 15:03:25 +0100
>
>>> - On Windows side
>>>   whoami /user (an user's)
>>
>> I could not find the command whoami. Where should it be located?
>> I also installed powershell to see if it was required, but there was
>> no whoami command there either.
>
> Sorry, whoami command appears at Windows Vista / Windows Server 2003.
>
>>> - On Samba side
>>>   pdbedit <user> (an user's)
>>>   profiles (a profile file's)
>>
>> What is the name of a profile file? is it NTUSER.DAT?
>
> Yes, but as I answered at another mail, profiles command does not work
> well.

Yes.
I just get:

ndr_pull_error(11): ndr_pull_relative_ptr1 rel_offset(380928) >
ndr->data_size(36864)
ndr_pull_security_descriptor failed: NDR_ERR_BUFSIZE
prs_grow: Buffer overflow - unable to expand buffer by 36 bytes.
read_block: invalid block header!
regfio_rootkey: corrupt registry file ?  No root key record located
Could not get rootkey

I'll look for an email that says something about that... (if there is)
--
Knut Olav Bøhmer