[Samba] Windows 7 Easy Transfer

Gary Dale garydale at torfree.net
Fri Jan 18 21:32:39 MST 2013

I've installed Windows 7 64/Pro on a former XP/Pro workstation connected
to Samba domain (Debian/Squeeze - v3.5.6). Prior to doing this, I saved
the settings using the Windows Easy Transfer tool to create a 13G file
on a USB stick.

I completed the install of Windows 7 and joined the workstation to the
domain. I can log in with a Domain Admin account, and I note that the
Domain Admins are in the local Administrators group. However when I run
the Easy Transfer tool to restore whatever settings it can, I get
"Windows easy transfer can't log on to your domain account".

I've seen some other complaints about Easy Transfer having some problems
with Domains, but I'm wondering if there are any known problems with
Samba domains?