[Samba] Request to an old post - Having problem with Samba Internal DNS

Christof König christof.koenig at promatis.de
Fri Jan 18 03:40:04 MST 2013

Hello all,

I have installed Samba on a Cent OS 6.3. I followed the Samba4/HOW-TO.
I'm using the samba internal dns.
I can join the domain with a Win 7 Client but I have problems with the
internal dns.
I tried to test/debug the dynamic dns update by the help of the
Samba4/HOW-TO.

The summary of the error-message:

; TSIG error with server: tsig verify failure
Failed nsupdate: 2
Failed update of 21 entries

In the archive of the mailing list I found the same error. Unfortunately
there is no solution for the problem but the user solved the Problem
https://lists.samba.org/archive/samba/2012-October/169446.html

Thanks beforehand,

Christof