[Samba] DNS updates working Windows only

Mike Howard mike at dewberryfields.co.uk
Mon Jan 14 02:55:08 MST 2013

On 12/01/2013 19:36, Robert Moggach wrote:
> I'm using BIND9_FLATFILE and able to join windows machines and have DNS
> updates working but Linux machines join with DNS update errors. Is there
> additional configuration necessary on Linux for the machines' NICs to be
> seen as valid?

As far as I'm aware this has always been the case with Samba 4 (and
cetainly in my experience), Linux clients aren't catered for in this
respect. There are vey many posts on this subject on this list and over
on samba-technical.

The workaround is to use a script, usually in association with your
dhcpd to accomplish the update.
--
Any question is easy if you know the answer!