[Samba] Samba 4 on AIX with XLC

Benjamin Huntsman BHuntsman at mail2.cu-portland.edu
Fri Jan 11 10:04:21 MST 2013

Sorry to be an annoyance, but I'm at a loss here and begging for help...

The Python-based build says it completes successfully, and the make install also says it completes successfully.  Yet it doesn't copy all the required shared libraries, and the resultant binaries don't run.  I copied the missing shared objects by hand, which may or may not be a very good solution.  I put them all in /opt/samba-4.0.0/lib, but I suspect some of them were intended to live in different subdirectories thereof.

Once the named libraries were copied, it then tells me it can't find the following symbols:

aixacl_to_smbacl
aixacl_smb_to_aixacl

Don't know what to do next...

So, my questions are:

1. What can be done about the libraries not getting copied?  Is this a bug in my build, or in the build system?
2. Do I need to move certain ones of them to other subdirectories in the lib directory?
3. If I tracked down the ones below and copied them by hand, might there be others still that I missed?
4. With all the subdirectories under lib, am I going to have to define a pretty complicated LD_LIBRARY_PATH to get this to run?
5. Is there a way I can build the whole thing static from the Python-based build system?  I didn't see an option for that with ./configure --help.

Anyway, I think we're crazy close, but I'm still missing that last little hurdle.  Many thanks in advance!!

-Ben