[Samba] SAMBA 4 acting as Domain Server- Is Exchange 2010 capable of being installed?

Dominic Evans oldmanuk at gmail.com
Fri Jan 11 03:14:55 MST 2013

On 11 January 2013 05:02, Matthew Gear <matthewj.gear at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am attempting to install an Exchange 2010 deployment for integrated UM
> testing.
> As I attempted to extend the schema of the SAMBA 4 AD (setup /ps), the
> setup program came back and reported the following:
>
> "The Domain Controller 'smb4.homelab.int' is running the 4.0.0 version of
> the
> operating system. Minimal requested version is 5.2 (3790) Service Pack 1".
>
> Is it possible to install Exchange 2010 in a Samba4 Active Directory
> environment ?

Hmm. You could experiment with setting the 'server string' variable in
smb.conf to something like "Windows Server 2003 R2 5.2" and seeing if
the Exchange deployment is parsing server string or some other
attribute in the samba publication.

I don't believe there are currently any other options in smb.conf for
masquerading Samba server type from UNIX to an arbitrary Windows.