[Samba] SAMBA 4 acting as Domain Server- Is Exchange 2010 capable of being installed?

Matthew Gear matthewj.gear at gmail.com
Thu Jan 10 21:02:36 MST 2013

Hello All,

SAMBA 4 is a great advancement, and I have it up and running in a lab
environment authenticating Cisco UCM LDAP queries...
I am attempting to install an Exchange 2010 deployment for integrated UM
testing.
As I attempted to extend the schema of the SAMBA 4 AD (setup /ps), the
setup program came back and reported the following:

"The Domain Controller 'smb4.homelab.int' is running the 4.0.0 version of
the
operating system. Minimal requested version is 5.2 (3790) Service Pack 1".

Is it possible to install Exchange 2010 in a Samba4 Active Directory
environment ?
Is Exchange supported?

Many Thanks,