[Samba] Move from roaming to local profiles

Norberto Bensa nbensa+samba at gmail.com
Wed Jan 9 15:13:41 MST 2013

On Wed, Jan 9, 2013 at 6:57 PM, Donny Brooks <dbrooks at mdah.state.ms.us> wrote:

> Ok, I tested this on a couple of our windows 7 machines. I did as you said and changed the profile to a local one, removed it from the existing domain, added it to the new domain, and logged in as the user again. It gave me a new profile. Looking in C:\Users I see the username folder and username.NEWDOMAIN. It is creating a new profile for the same user on the new domain. Is there a way to do this? I have searched but only see directions for doing local profiles to roaming. Figures I would be going against the grain here.

Add the machine to the new domain. Change permisions on the username
folder. Also, you'll need to load the user's registry and change
permissions. I really can't remember if you also need to change
something else in the user's registry. I'll ask our technicians
tomorrow and I'll let you know.

BTW, the same username in two domains is a different user (different
SID). That's why you see username.NEWDOMAIN.

Regards,
Norberto