[Samba] samba 4.0.0 internal DNS

Dirk Jakobsmeier dirk.jakobsmeier at wige.com
Tue Jan 8 01:01:45 MST 2013

Hello,

after running hand compiled samba 3 64-bit version on solaris we are now
trying to test samba 4.0.0 AD version. Using the HowTo we compile samba
sources and installed it. With provisioning a new domain the dns.keytab file
ist not created. This happens on 3 newly installed sources 4.0.0 and also on a
rc4 source of samba 4. So without this file there is no dynamical update of the
samba internal dns server. Why is  this file not created when provisioning a
domain?

Thanks in advance,

Regards

Dirk