[Samba] Samba 4 on AIX with XLC

Benjamin Huntsman BHuntsman at mail2.cu-portland.edu
Mon Jan 7 15:58:08 MST 2013

As a further follow-up, here's an example, from source3/utils/net_cache.c:

d_printf(_("Key: %s\t Timeout: %s\t Value: %s  %s\n"), keystr,
                 timeout_str, datastr, timeout > now_t ? "": _("(expired)"));

My C skills aren't good enough to understand what's being done here, but the offending bit is the last argument to d_printf:

timeout > now_t ? "": _("(expired)")

Is there a way we can re-write this in more compatible way?

Apparently, this construction is supposed to look like:

(condition) ? (t_result) : (f_result)

and t_result and f_result must be of the same type.  So do I read that "" is a char, and _("(expired)") is an int?  Something like:

timeout > now_t ? atoi(""):_("(expired)") maybe?

Again, just grasping here...
... or maybe there's a flag to XLC to let us get by this?

Many thanks!

-Ben