[Samba] Samba 4 "Services for UNIX"?

Robert Moggach rob at dashing.tv
Mon Jan 7 14:21:10 MST 2013

I have a working Samba 4.0.0 AD DC running and am able to manage users etc
using the Windows tools. Great.
Now I want to as much as possible eliminate the need for an additional
directory service (OpenLDAP and/or Open Directory) if not entirely. I need
automount working and Posix users. I believe it's possible to set this up
but haven't been able to find any solid documentation -

Specifically I'm looking for:
1) How to install the necessary schema etc for UNIX connectivity
2) How to install/manage UNIX friendly users, groups, etc.
3) How to successfully add the automount schema (the wiki doesn't seem to
work for me)
4) How to add automount maps

Thanks!

Rob