[Samba] RHEL/CentOS 6.4 conflict with Samba 3.6.12

Fred Kienker fkienker at at4b.com
Thu Feb 28 11:01:13 MST 2013

We are currently testing the update to RHEL/CentOS 6.4 on a system
running the SerNet rpms for Samba 3.6. It appears there is a conflict
with the Kerberos update in 6.4 and the libsmbclient in the SerNet
3.6.12 rpms.

---> Package krb5-libs.x86_64 0:1.9-33.el6_3.3 will be updated

--> Processing Conflict: krb5-libs-1.10.3-10.el6.x86_64 conflicts
libsmbclient < 3.5.10-124

--> Finished Dependency Resolution

Error: krb5-libs conflicts with libsmbclient0

You could try using --skip-broken to work around the problem

You could try running: rpm -Va --nofiles --nodigest

RPM shows:

Package name

libsmbclient0

Update system

YUM

Package description

SerNet Samba client library

Current state

Running latest 3.6.12-44.el6

Installed version

3.6.12-44.el6

Available version

3.6.12-44.el6

Installation source

Sernet-samba

It appears an update to the SerNet rpm is necessary to resolve this
issue or am I missing something obvious?

Best regards,

Fred

Fred Kienker
fkienker at at4b.com
P: 770.518.6166

AT4B
5261 Sunset Trail
Marietta, GA 30068

"Advanced Technologies for Business"

confidential and/or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you
are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any
disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of the information contained
herein (including any reliance thereon) is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. If you
received this transmission in error, please immediately contact the
sender and destroy the material in its entirety, whether in electronic
or hard copy format. Thank you.