[Samba] DNS Replication Between Samba4 DCs

Andrew Hamilton ahamilton at facilityone.com
Wed Feb 27 14:44:33 MST 2013

I have been able to successfully install and configure a primary DC with Ubuntu 12.04 and the samba4 package as well as configure and join a secondary DC to the primary.  However, I cannot DNS entries to replicate from the primary to the secondary (I haven't tried the other way around but I would like that working as well).  Both are using BIND9_DLZ.  Is DNS replication even supported with this setup or do I have to use the SAMBA INTERNAL setting?

-Andrew Hamilton
Project Engineer
www.facilityone.com