[Samba] DC Replication issue

Tanner, Douglas C CIV SPAWARSYSCEN-ATLANTIC, 58500 douglas.c.tanner at navy.mil
Fri Feb 1 00:50:08 MST 2013

Thanks for the reply.  Unfortunately it turned out to be a firewall on the Samba server.  Once disabled, everything worked as expected.

Thanks,

Doug Tanner

________________________________

From: Justin Clacherty [mailto:justin at redfish.com.au]
Sent: Fri 2/1/2013 12:37 AM
To: Tanner, Douglas C CIV SPAWARSYSCEN-ATLANTIC, 58500; samba at lists.samba.org
Subject: RE: DC Replication issue

I've had a similar issue with replication working in the Windows to Samba direction but not Samba to Windows.  Mine complains about the schema not being correct (even though it got it from Windows when it first joined).  Haven't been able to get it working yet and then got side-tracked with actual work :-)

I'm wondering if Samba is adding Unix services the schema and is trying to send that up to the Windows box during the schema replication.  Given it's not the schema master it probably isn't allowed to so Windows ignores it, then ignores all other replication because of a schema mismatch.

Justin.