[Samba] [SOLVED] replace Windows 2003 dc]

Peter Beck peter at datentraeger.li
Thu Feb 28 05:26:31 MST 2013

Sérgio Henrique <sermac at gmail.com> quatschte am Mon, Feb 25, 2013 at 04:26:30PM +0000:
> Solved.
>
> I have sucessfully migrated a windows 2008R2 domain to samba4 and then
> create a new samba domain as a replica.
>
> A lot of steps i had to introduce.

Hi Sérgio,

> 1- Working on DNS
> add samba dc to forest and domain dns _ldap values
> change DNS SOA to samba4 and add samba4 as NS

are you talking about these records:

_ldap._tcp.DomainDnsZones.example.local
_ldap._tcp.ForestDnsZones.example.local
_ldap._tcp.Default-First-Site-Name._sites.ForestDnsZones.example.local
_ldap._tcp.Default-First-Site-Name._sites.DomainDnsZones.example.local

? I'd like to add that to my checklist... ;-)

> 2- Working on fsmo
> run script fixfsmo.vbs
> samba-tool transfer all roles
> run adsedit and change samba dc fsMORoleOwner to samba dc

But you had to do that because of your dcpromo command was failing, correct ?
What is fixfsmo.vbs ? Is that a Server 2008 script?

> ==== OUTBOUND NEIGHBORS ====
>
> DC=DomainDnsZones,DC=lisboa,DC=local
>         Default-First-Site-Name\DC2 via RPC
>                 DSA object GUID: 1f42942d-4d0f-4075-b681-f09f5ed8c95b
>                 Last attempt @ NTTIME(0) was successful
>                 0 consecutive failure(s).
>                 Last success @ NTTIME(0)
>
> DC=ForestDnsZones,DC=lisboa,DC=local
>         Default-First-Site-Name\DC2 via RPC
>                 DSA object GUID: 1f42942d-4d0f-4075-b681-f09f5ed8c95b
>                 Last attempt @ NTTIME(0) was successful
>                 0 consecutive failure(s).
>                 Last success @ NTTIME(0)

and you got these outbound neighbors after adding the DNS SRV records
mentioned above ? Somehow these two entries are also missing in my test
environment with Server 2003...

Thanks
Peter