[Samba] samba4: move to another network

Dirk Gouders dirk.gouders at w-hs.de
Thu Feb 28 03:31:00 MST 2013

Hi,

we are planning to restructure our network which involves changing
IP addresses of a samba4 server and all clients (they all move to
different /24 networks).

I would like to ask for advice on which steps are necessary to perform
this task.  In the archive I found a posting ([1]) where someone had
problems with changing a DCs IP address and I guess there are probably
more/several things that I have to keep in mind.

Thanks,

Dirk

PS: I am still running an alpha18 release, so I have samba_dnsupdate, but
    samba-tool does not show a subcommand "dns".

[1] https://lists.samba.org/archive/samba/2011-December/165228.html