[Samba] Fwd: Re: CIFS Mount Obeying ACLs

Andrew Martin amartin at xes-inc.com
Wed Feb 27 12:50:28 MST 2013

----- Original Message -----

Steve,

My problem is a bit different. I have restricted access on a folder
to all but a single domain group:
$ getfacl testdir
# file: testdir
# owner: 516
# group: users
user::rwx
user:9872:rwx
group::rwx
group:group1:r--
group:group2:rwx
mask::rwx
other::---

Thus, members of group2 should have rwx access to testdir, which they
do when connecting to the share from Windows, but not when mounting
it over CIFS. The CIFS client machine is running Ubuntu 12.04. I have
tried this on Linux clients that are domain members (via winbind) and
those which are not and are just mounting the CIFS share. The behavior
in both cases is the same. Can anyone provide inside into why ACLs are
not being obeyed over CIFS on Linux?

Thanks,

Andrew