[Samba] problem with adding printers to samba4

Chantal Rosmuller chantal at antenna.nl
Wed Feb 27 06:56:34 MST 2013

Hi,

I have a problem setting up shared printers in samba4, I used the manual in

https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba_AD_DC_HOWTO#Step_13:_Setup_a_Printer_share

- I added a printer using cups
- I added the printer en printer driver share as written in the wiki
- I logged on as samba 4 administrator on a windows 7 client
- I tried to add the printer

On windows I get "acces denied" on the samba4 server in
/var/log/samab4/log/smbd I get:

Add printer for printer Ricoh Aficio MP 4000 PCL6 called and no smb.conf parameter "addprinter command" is defined. This parameter must exist for this call to succeed

I thought the addprinter command was not available anymore for samba4?

The server is a CentOS release 6.3
sama version: samba4-4.0.1

smb.conf:

# Global parameters
[global]
     workgroup =DOMAIN
     realm = domain.nl
     netbios name = PUPPETDEV01
     dns forwarder = 172.19.1.12

[netlogon]
     path = /var/lib/samba4/sysvol//domain.nl/scripts
     read only = No

[sysvol]
     path = /var/lib/samba4/sysvol/
     read only = No

[printers]
     comment = All Printers
     path = /var/lib/samba4/spool
     browseable = Yes
     read only = No
     printable = Yes

[print$]
     comment = Point and Print Printer Drivers
     path = /var/lib/samba4/print
     read only = No