[Samba] samr_Connect failed

Michael Wilke m at 1982.cc
Wed Feb 27 04:45:06 MST 2013

Hi,

after compiling the samba4 4.0.3 (latest) source. I'm trying to join an
existing W2k3/8 Domain but get the following.

root at server:~# klist
klist: No credentials cache found (ticket cache FILE:/tmp/krb5cc_0)
root at server:~# kinit admin
Password for admin at CITY.DOMAIN.ORG:
root at server:~# klist
Ticket cache: FILE:/tmp/krb5cc_0
Default principal: admin at CITY.DOMAIN.ORG

Valid starting    Expires           Service principal
27/02/2013 14:31  28/02/2013 00:32
krbtgt/CITY.DOMAIN.ORG at CITY.DOMAIN.ORG
	renew until 28/02/2013 14:31
root at server:~# samba-tool domain join CITY.DOMAIN.ORG MEMBER
--realm=CITY.DOMAIN.ORG -U admin at CITY.DOMAIN.ORG
Password for [admin at CITY.DOMAIN.ORG]:
ERROR(runtime): uncaught exception - samr_Connect failed:
NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/samba/netcmd/__init__.py", line
175, in _run
    return self.run(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/samba/netcmd/domain.py", line
545, in run
    machinepass=machinepass)

The admin user has all rights for the active directory and is as well in
the domain admins and enterprise admin group.

I tried earlier to join the computer with the standard ubuntu samba 4
packages. but it didn't work, so I deleted the computer from ou=Computer
in the AD.

Any ideas?

Best regards
Michael Wilke