[Samba] Samba 4 and freeradius

Kinglok, Fong busywater at gmail.com
Tue Feb 26 21:17:01 MST 2013

In fact, I have tried using NTLM already.

I have successfully setup winbind bundled with Samba 4, including the steps to join Samba 4 as member server and start up winbindd as daemon.

However, I encounter two difficulties with using NTLM to authenticate freeradius to Samba 4.
- I have to run freeradius as root in order to read output from winbindd.  Even I change the permission / ownership of /usr/local/samba/var/run/winbindd to freerad.  It still cannot work!
- I wish to restrict a group of user to use freeradius to authenticate.  However, adding --require-membership-of to freeradius still cannot work.

Kinglok, Fong