[Samba] smb2 vs. NT1

Björn JACKE bj at SerNet.DE
Tue Feb 26 01:28:52 MST 2013

On 2013-02-25 at 20:35 +0100 Papp Tamas sent off:
> It seems, you're right. However in this case the documentation in default smb.conf is wrong.

there is no default smb.conf shipped with Samba. File a bug against the Samba
package of your distribution that you use then, please.

> >SMB2 in Samba is fully supported from Samba 3.6.0 onwards.
> >It was "experimental" (read, didn't really work :-) in
> >3.5.x and below.
>
> OK, thanks for the answer and thanks so much for the tuning tips.
> Every single samba tuning guide starts with that options!

I would also add that you should use a recent 3.6 version. There have been a
number of more or less important smb2 related bugs been fixed in the 3.6
series.

Cheers
Björn
  ☎ +49-551-370000-0, ℻ +49-551-370000-9