[Samba] "Samba 4" - "smbd"; "can't parse the PAC: NT_STATUS_BUFFER_TOO_SMALL" error but only for a single domain user ("Server 2008 R2" domain, "Server 2008" functional level forest).

Michael Wood esiotrot at gmail.com
Mon Feb 25 06:01:08 MST 2013

Hi

You might try getting a packet capture.

By the way, what's common between the user before you deleted the
account and the one you created later, besides the username?  The
password?  Can you replicate this in a test environment?

If you can replicate this in a test environment and you know more or
less when the problem started, perhaps you could use git bisect to
find exactly when it happened.

e.g. roll back samba to a version from 3 months ago.  If it works
there, tell git bisect that that is the last good version you know of.
 Then tell it that your current version is bad and let it choose the
versions for you to compile and test.  You keep telling it that the
version you've just tested is either good or bad and it will
eventually tell you which commit broke it.

Then you can post that information to the list.  (I suspect
samba-technical would be a better list for this sort of thing.)

Also, I'm pretty sure Samba should never core dump, so you might want
to post stack traces etc. when that happens.

Michael Wood <esiotrot at gmail.com>