[Samba] Cross-subnet browsing with LMBs + remote browse sync + samba4WINS

Daniel Müller mueller at tropenklinik.de
Mon Feb 25 00:06:50 MST 2013

NO, you do not need remote browse sync if you have samba4wins working.
And you need only following to make it work in your LMB smb.conf
wins server = your.samba4wins.host
If your smaba4wins is on the same host as your LMB, put this is your
samba4wins
Samba4wins.conf:
bind interfaces only=yes
interfaces=your.samba4wins.ip (suggestion use a virt ip not used by samba)
ntpd:disable_broadcast=yes
wins server=your.samba4wins.ip

In your windows clients network configuration  set wins1 your first
samba4wins and wins2 the second samba4wins.

EDV Daniel Müller

Leitung EDV
Tropenklinik Paul-Lechler-Krankenhaus
Paul-Lechler-Str. 24