[Samba] [SOLVED] replace Windows 2003 dc

Dustin C. Hatch admiralnemo at gmail.com
Fri Feb 22 11:31:05 MST 2013

On 2/22/2013 11:13, Sérgio Henrique wrote:
> I guess the comunication beetween MS AD and Samba4 is by kerberos, i have
> copied the /opt/samba/private/krb5.conf to /etc after joined to domain
>
> I have installed a windows server at 2003 forest level as PDC then
> installed samba4.0.3
> join domain but everytime i am getting problems with forest and domain dns
> zones...

I have the same issue. I've tried countless times to add a Samba DC to
my (test) AD environment, but every time, it fails to add and outbound
connection for the DomainDnsZones and ForestDnsZones directory
partitions. In addition, the Samba server is not listed as a name server
for either the root zone or the _msdcs zone.

--
♫Dustin