[Samba] RPM building tools for Samba 4.0.3 on RHEL 6 published bye me on Github

Nico Kadel-Garcia nkadel at gmail.com
Fri Feb 22 11:01:11 MST 2013

On Fri, Feb 22, 2013 at 12:40 PM, Diego Remolina
<diego.remolina at physics.gatech.edu> wrote:
> I think a lot of your work was probably prior to RHEL 6.4, but have you
> tried looking at their new SRPM for samba 4.0.0 and adapting it to 4.0.3?

Unfortunately somewhere between 4.0.0 and 4.0.3. they introduced now
related package dependencies on  libtalloc, libtdb, libtevent,
iniparser, and krb5. So the RHEL 6.4 inlcudes krb5-1.10, which
eliminates one problem, but doesn't resolve the others. That's why I
put updates for those as well up at https://github.com/nkadel/ and
into the Samba repository building tools at
https://github.com/nkadel/samba4repo/.

Since building with "mock" relies on CentOS, or Scientific Linux or a
local RHEL yum repo, to have the updated packages, it's going to be a
while before the new RHEL 6.4 packages are broadly available anyway.
I'll yank them from github.com if and as they become available as part
of 6.4 releases.

> http://ftp.redhat.com/pub/redhat/linux/enterprise/6Server/en/os/SRPMS/samba4-4.0.0-55.el6.rc4.src.rpm
>
> They have also posted the new SRPMS for the libtdb and libtalloc and other
> software that may be required:
>
> http://ftp.redhat.com/pub/redhat/linux/enterprise/6Server/en/os/SRPMS/libtalloc-2.0.7-2.el6.src.rpm
> http://ftp.redhat.com/pub/redhat/linux/enterprise/6Server/en/os/SRPMS/libtdb-1.2.10-1.el6.src.rpm
> http://ftp.redhat.com/pub/redhat/linux/enterprise/6Server/en/os/SRPMS/libtevent-0.9.8-8.el6.src.rpm

Those are new enough for Samba 4.0.0, not for Samba 4.0.3.