[Samba] LDAP recommendations please

ray klassen julius_ahenobarbus at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Feb 21 09:36:15 MST 2013

Actually I was hoping to use the new internal LDAP as the master.

I notice that http://www.windowsitpro.com/content1/topic/integrate-active-directory-and-openldap-98449/catpath/ldap
has an article on using slapd as a proxy to Active Directory.

This one looks even better. Never used 389Server but there's a first time for everything
http://www.linuxmail.info/ad-fds-sync-howto/

(I did google this before I asked the question, but I was searching for samba4 ldap, not active directory ldap.
I hope samba4 AD is that similar that I can pull similar stunts to the ones described)